Knowing and Doing the Will of God
Henry T. Blackaby & Claude V. King,
LifeWay Press, Nashville, Tennessee.
Summary of Unit 10
- When a church allows God's presence and activity to be expressed, a
watching world will be drawn to Him.
- A church is a living body of Christ with many members.
- A church is on mission with Christ in our world carrying out the Father's
- God wants His people to be holy and pure.
- God wants His people to display unity.
- God wants His people to love each other.
- No one individual has the total vision for God's will for a local church.
- A church needs to hear the whole counsel of God through the Bible, prayer,
circumstances, and the church.
- Sharing what God is doing in my life may help someone else encounter God
in a meaningful way.
- A church comes to know the will of God when the whole body comes to
understand what Christ--the Head--is telling them.
- Every believer has direct access to God.
- Individual opinions are not that important. The will of God is very
- A church must learn to function as a body with Christ as the Head of His
- A church must wait until God's time.
- The Holy Spirit is the Gift.
- The Spirit of God always is present to equip me to carry out a divine
- A spiritual gift is a manifestation of the Holy Spirit at work in and
through a person's life for the common good of the body of Christ.
- The Spirit decides who to give assignments to, and enables spiritual
leaders and members to accomplish His work.
- God puts spiritual leaders and members in the body where He wants them to
- The body is not complete without all the spiritual leaders and members God
has given the body.
- Members of the body should have equal concern for each other.
- Spiritual leaders and members of the body have different assignments from
God for the good of the whole body.
- Jesus is Head of the body.
- God is very concerned about the body maintaining unity.
- God-like love ought to prevail in the body.
- God decides where I ought to function in the body.
- I understand the will of God for my church when I listen to the whole body
express what they are experiencing in the life of that body.
- Each member is precious to God.
- Right relationships with God are far more important than buildings,
budgets, programs, methods, church personnel, size, or anything else.
- God doesn't add members to the body accidentally.
- God builds the body to match the assignment.
- God builds the body, gives it an assignment, and equips the body to carry
out the assignment.
- I will pay close attention to the people God adds to my church.
Unit: [Home] [previous]          10   [next]
This page is not endorsed or sponsored by LifeWay
Christian Resources of the Southern Baptist
Convention, who is the owner of the registered trademark "Experiencing God".
If you desire to order "Experiencing God" materials this can be done by
contacting the owner directly at LifeWay Christian Resources or at phone number
Material quoted from "Experiencing God" is Copyright 1990 LifeWay
Press of the Southern Baptist Convention, used by